Bryngarw Park

Country Park near Bridgend South Wales

Just on the outskirts of Bridgend is Bryngarw park, opened in the 1980s by the local council.

The estate was once owned by the Trahearne family, the last owner Capt O.P.Trahearne sold the house in 1944, and in the 1980s Ogwr council decided to create a country park.

 

Best visited during May when the bluebells are in flower, and pick a better day than we did, as you can see from the photos it was an overcast day, but it was still very pleasant walking through the woodlands and along the bank of the Afon Garw river  which runs through the park.

 

The oriental gardens that  were laid out before the First World War by Capt O.P.Traherne have now been restored.

BRYNGARW PARK Wood marble_gold BACK-TO-GARDENS

                 PARK OPENING TIMES

1st March – 30th September: 10am – 5.30pm

               Car parking charges apply:

 

 

1st October – 28th February: 10am - 4.30pm

          Car parking charges apply:

 

 

DSCF0040

Cedars Tearoom offer a variety of lunches / light snacks and refreshments.

P1040424 bryngarw